To expedite your check-in process, we need to receive your registration form prior to your procedure date. If not received, the Pre-Registration Department will be contacting you prior to your date of service. The Pre-Registration Department direct line is 817-585-1900 extension 1897.
On the day you are scheduled to have surgery:
- Do not eat or drink anything (including water, gum, mints, hard candy) after 10 pm the night before surgery unless you are directed otherwise by your anesthesiologist. Undigested food in the stomach can cause complications and your surgery is likely to be postponed if you forget to follow these instructions.
- If you have been instructed to take any medication on the day of your procedure, take it with a small sip of water.
- Bring a complete list of your medications.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing
- Bring your eyeglasses. You will not be able to wear contact lenses
- Bring any dentures, hearing aids and cases in which to store them
- Do not wear hair spray, body lotion or perfume
- Do not wear any jewelry (including wedding rings, earrings and piercings), makeup or nail polish
- Leave all valuables at home
- Do not smoke after midnight the day of your surgery.
- For any additional questions regarding your surgery please contact your surgeon’s office.
Family and Companion Information
You will need an adult to escort you to and from the hospital on the day of your surgery. If possible, this person should also accompany you to the hospital for the preoperative interview so that he or she can be given instructions as well. The person who escorts you will be responsible for your valuables and clothing, and for taking you home after you are discharged. For your safety, you will not be admitted to or discharged from the Center without an adult as your escort. We also recommend that you arrange for someone to stay with you during the first 24 hours after your surgery.
Arriving at Center
The Person who escorts you to the hospital may drop you off at the registration desk on the first floor to sign in at your scheduled time. The admitting office staff will check you in and give you an ID bracelet. After admission, you will be taken to a surgery preparation area. Once you are in a preoperative bed, your nurse will prepare you for surgery and answer any questions you may have.
You will be asked to sign a consent form for your procedure, which acknowledges your permission for the physician and facility to care for you. If the patient is a minor, this form must be signed by a parent or legal guardian.
An anesthesiologist will interview you before your surgery to answer and discuss questions regarding your anesthetic.
Visitors are allowed in pre-surgical holding area. Only parents and/or guardians of children are allowed in the recovery area. Children under the age of 14 are not allowed in the recovery area