Louisiana State University School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA
Doctor of Medicine 2003
Magna cum Laude
Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA
Bachelor of Science 1999
Magna cum Laude
University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN 7/2004-7/2008
Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN 6/2003-7/2004
Department of Surgery
Academic Honors/Practice Awards
- 1st Place Resident Research Award, Edwin Cocke Research Symposium 2006
- Resident of the Year, University of Tennessee Dept. of Otolaryngology 2006
Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society, eligible 2003
- Cannito MP, Suiter DM, Watkins JP, Wolf T, Chorna L, Beverly D. Vowel harmonic amplitude differences in a speaker with hypokinetic dysarthria before and after treatment.
Journal of Medical Speech-Language Pathology 2006. 14(4):229-234.
- Cannito MP, Suiter DM, Watkins JP, Wolf T, Chorna L, Beverly D. Speech Intelligibility in a speaker eith idiopathic Parkinson’s disease before and after treatment. Journal of Medical Speech-Language Pathology.
- Watkins JP, Armstrong D, MacDonald CB. The radical mastoidectomy and cochlear implantation, a caution about electrode extrusion.
- Watkins JP, Samant S, Cleveland K, Mascioli A, Gilpin D, King K. Effects of neck dissection combined with radiation and chemotherapy on shoulder function. Head and Neck
- Watkins JP, Knipe TA, Chandra RK, Handorf C. Submucous resection of the inferior turbinate. Presented at COSM; Chicago, IL, 5/2006.
- Watkins JP, Samant S, Cleveland K, Mascioli A, Gilpin D, King K. Effects of neck dissection combined with radiation and chemotherapy on shoulder function. Presented at the Ed Cocke Research Symposium; Memphis, TN, 6/2006. Also presented at Triological Society Meeting; Marco Island, FL, 2/2007.
- Watkins JP, Chandra RK. Concha bullosa of the inferior turbinate. Presented at the American Rhinologic Society meeting; Los Angeles, CA, 9/2005.
- Watkins JP, Thompson J. Vocal Harmonic Amplitude Differences in Hypokinetic Dysarthria Before and After Treatment. Presented at Ed Cocke Research Symposium; Memphis, TN 6/2007.
Grand Rounds Presentations
- Complications of Mandible Fractures (10/07)
- Pediatric Cochlear Implants (3/07)
- Review of Nasal Airway Obstruction and Objective Testing (1/07)
- Ototoxicity (9/06)
- Management of Primary Hyperparathyroidism (5/06)
- Management of Chronic Aspiration (10/05)
- Atraumatic Facial Nerve Paralysis (9/05)
- Rhabdomyosarcoma (6/05)
- Choanal Atresia (3/05)
- Review and Management of Anaphylaxis (9/04)
- Watkins JP, Chandra RK. Nasal Airway Obstruction, in Textbook of Rhinology, ed Stucker F, Souza C, et al. Spriner-Verlag (in publication)
- Watkins JP, Langsdon P. Chemical Peels. Handbook of Otolaryngology- Head and Neck Surgery. Goldenberg & Goldstein: Thieme (in publication)
Subspecialty Courses Attended
- University of Tennessee Endoscopic Sinus Course. Memphis, TN 10/04, 10/05
- University of Tennessee Skull Base Course. Memphis, TN 8/04, 8/05
- University of Tennessee Temporal Bone Dissection Course. Memphis, TN 3/04, 3/05, 4/06, 4/07
- Midwest Update: Techniques in Endoscopic Sinus Surgery, St. Louis, MO 8/05, 8/06
- University of Tennessee Aging Face Course. Hilton Head, SC 4/06
- Stryker Labs: Temporal Bone Drilling Course. Memphis, TN 2/06
- Acclarent Balloon Sinuplasty instructional course. Memphis, TN 3/08
- Comprehensive management of sinus disease
- Allergic rhinitis
- Surgical Endocrinology (Thyroid/Parathyroid Disorders)
Dr. Jeremy Watkins is a Board Certified Otolaryngologist. He practices ear, nose, throat and sinus care for children and adults with disorders of ear, nose, throat, allergy, sinus, hearing loss, thyroid, and head & neck cancer.
Dr. Watkins received his undergraduate degree from Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge. He obtained his medical degree from Louisiana State University School of Medicine in New Orleans, Louisiana and finished his training in Memphis, Tennessee where he completed a general surgery internship, followed by a residency in Otolaryngology at the University of Tennessee.
Dr. Watkins is a member of the Tarrant County Medical Society, Texas Medical Association, as well as the American Academy of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery. Dr. Watkins specializes in general ear, nose and throat disorders in both adults and children.
Special areas of interest include functional /cosmetic issues with the nose (including septoplasty, rhinoplasty and turbinate reduction), sinus and allergy disorders, minimally invasive sinus surgery , minimally invasive thyroid surgery, sleep apnea, head and neck surgery, disorders of the voice.
When away from the work, Dr. Watkins enjoys spending time with his wife and 2 sons. He also enjoys fishing, biking, cooking and playing the guitar.
1250 8th Avenue
Fort Worth, Texas 76104