- Ophthalmic Partners/Cornea Associates of Texas, P.A.Clinical July 1994 – present
- Assistant Professor,University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Department of Ophthalmology
Fellowship in Cornea, External Disease, and Refractive Surgery 1993-1994
The Emory Eye Center, Atlanta, Georgia
Residency in Ophthalmology 1990-1993
Bascom Palmer Eye Institute Miami, Florida
Internship in Internal Medicine 1989-1990
University of Utah Hospital Salt Lake City, Utah
Doctor of Medicine Degree 1985-1989
University of Oklahoma College of Medicine Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Bachelor of Arts Degree 1981-1985
Baylor University Waco, Texas
Honors and Awards
Alpha Omega Alpha
G. Rainey Williams Scholar Award at University of Oklahoma
College of Medicine
Heed Fellowship Recipient 1993-94
Listed in “Best Doctors in America”, 1996-2007 editions,published by Woodard and White
Selected by “D” Magazine as one of the five best LASIK surgeons in Dallas
State of Texas
American Board of Ophthalmology
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Medical Association
- Dallas Academy of Ophthalmology
- Texas Ophthalmological Association
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Tarrant County Ophthalmological Society
- Texas Medical Association
- International Society of Refractive Surgery
- Ocular Microbiology and Immunology Group
- Society of Heed Fellows
- Christian Ophthalmology Society
Editorial Reviewer of Journal Publications
Journal of Refractive Surgery Cornea
Medical Director – Precision Laser Refractive Surgery Center
Medical Director – HealthSouth Surgery Center – Greenvill Ave., Dallas
Associate Examiner, American Board of Ophthalmology
Board of Directors – Lighthouse for Christ Eye Center and Mission, Mombasa, Kenya.
Director of Eye Care – Texas Rangers Baseball Club
Expert Consultant for the Texas State Board of Medical Examiners
Gass JDM, Bowman CB, Callanan DG. Successful orally administered therapy in patients with diffuse unilateral subacute neuroretinitis. Presented at the American Ophthalmological Society Annual Meeting, May 19, 1991, Pebble Beach, California.
Bowman CB, Kronish JW, Quencer RM. The pathophysiology of the anophthalmic socket: a study of the anatomical and spatial architectural changes of the anophthalmic socket with magnetic resonance imaging. Presented at the 27th Annual Bascom Palmer Resident’s Day, June 22,1991.Also presented at the 23rd Annual Scientific Symposium of the American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, November 7, 1992, Dallas, Texas.
Bowman CB, Huang A, Pflugfelder S, Davis JL, Miller D. Microsporidial keratitis in six patients with acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS). Presented at the 28th Annual Bascom Palmer Resident’s Days, June 26, 1992. Also presented at the annual meeting of the Ocular Microbiology and Immunology Group, November 7, 1992, Dallas, Texas.
Bowman CB, Irvine WD, Rubsamen P. Primary intraocular lens implantation after traumatic cataract removal in patients with penetrating ocular trauma. Presented at the 4th Surgical Research Forum of the South Florida chapter of the American College of Surgeons, April 28, 1993. Also presented as a poster at the annual meeting of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, November 14-18, 1993,Chicago, Illinois.
Bowman CB, Thompson KP, Stulting RD. Should corneal topography be considered standard of care in refractive surgery? Presented at the Georgia Society of Ophthalmology fall meeting, November 20, 1993,Atlanta, Georgia.
Also presented at the Annual Session of the Texas Medical Association, May 19, 1995
Bowman CB. Therapeutic contact lenses. Presented at the regional meeting of CLAO, June 10, 1994, Atlanta, Georgia.
Bowman CB. Refractive Keratotomy: Present and Future. Presented at the 17th Annual Dallas Spring Ophthalmology Symposium, March 3, 1995
Bowman CB. Refractive Keratotomy and Keratoconus Suspects. Presented at the
19th Annual Meeting of the Texas Ophthalmological Association, Dallas,Texas, May 19, 1995.
Bowman CB. The State of the Art of Refractive Surgery. Presented at the Christian Ophthalmology Society Annual Meeting, Hilton Head,South Carolina. June, 1995.
Bowman CB. Anterior Segment Complications of Silicone Oil. Presented at The Silicone Oil Course. Dallas, Texas. October 7,1995.
Bowman CB. The Importance of the Herpetic Eye Disease Study. Presented at The 18th Annual Dallas Spring Ophthalmology Symposium.March 8, 1996.
Bowman CB. Radial Keratotomy vs. Photorefractive Keratectomy in Low to Moderate Myopia. Presented at the Texas Medical Association Annual Meeting. San Antonio, Texas. May 11, 1996.
Bowman CB. Update on Refractive Surgery. Presented at Update for Optometrists. Dallas, Texas. May 18, 1996.
Bowman CB, Gelender H, Beebe WE, Beebe K. Photorefractive Keratectomy (PRK) Comanagement. Sponsored by the University of Houston School of Optometry. Dallas, Texas. Sept. 8, 1996.
Bowman CB. Phototherapeutic Keratectomy. Presented at the 19th Annual Dallas Spring Ophthalmology Symposium, March 14, 1997. Dallas, Texas.
Bowman CB. Corneal Topography. Presented at Challenges in Ophthalmology, sponsored by the Dallas Chapter of the American Society of Ophthalmic Registered Nurses. June 7, 1997. Dallas, Texas.
Bowman CB. Cornea Examination for the Co-managing Optometrist. Presented at Advancing Eye Care Lecture Series. Sponsored by Britton Vision Associates. Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. January 17, 1998
Bowman, CB. Refractive Surgery: State of the Art in 1998. Presented to the Dallas Internist Club. Dallas, Texas. February 19,1998.
Bowman, CB. Anterior Segment Trauma. Presented at Diagnostic and Therapeutic Update. Fogelson Forum, Presbyterian Hospital Dallas. April 25, 1998.
Bowman, CB. LASIK Complications. Presented at the Everett R. Veirs Lecture
And Ophthalmology Conference. Scott and White Hospital. Feb.23,2001.
Bowman, CB. Ophthalmology in Kenya. Presented at the Annual ASORN meeting. June 9, 2001. Dallas, Texas.
Bowman, CB. Mycobacterial Keratitis after LASIK. Presented at TexMed2002, TOA meeting, April 19, 2002. Dallas, Texas.
Bowman, CB. Corneal External Disease in Developing Countries. Presented at the 26th Annual Christian Ophthalmology Society Meeting, July 18, 2002. Breckenridge, Colorado.
Bowman, CB. Intacs and Keratoconus. Spring Ophthalmology Symposium. Presbyterian Hospital, Dallas, Texas. April 1, 2005.
Bowman, CB. Combined Corneal Transplant and Cataract Surgery: The Corneal Triple Procedure. 29th Annual Christian Ophthalmology Society Meeting. July 7, 2005. Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
Bowman CB. Intacs for Keratoconus. The Annual Meeting of the North Carolina Society of Ophthalmology. Asheville, N.C. September 23, 2005.
Bowman CB. Corneal Transplantation: Past, Present, and Future. The Annual Meeting of the North Carolina Society of Ophthalmology. Asheville, N.C. September 25, 2005.
- Bowman CB, Farris BK. Primary chiasmal germinoma: A case report and review of the literature. Journal of Clinical Neuro-ophthalmology 10(1):9- 17, 1990.
- McLeish WM, Bowman CB, Anderson RL: The pigtailed probe protected by silicone intubation: A combined approach to canalicular reconstruction. Ophthalmic Surgery 23 (4):281-283. 1992
- Bowman CB, Hansen SO, Olson RJ: Noninvasive repositioning of posterior chamber intraocular lens following pupillary capture. Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery 17:843-7, 1991.
- Gass JDM, Bowman CB, Callanan DG. Oral therapy in diffuse unilateral subacute neuroretinitis. Archives of Ophthalmology, 1992;110:675-680.
- Bowman CB, Tanenbaum M, McCord CD. Chapter 12: Internal Brow Lift: Browplasty and Browpexy. In Cosmetic Oculoplastic Surgery, SecondEdition. Edited by Allen M. Putterman, M.D. W.B. Saunders Company. pp 140-152.
- Rubsamen PE, Irvine D, McCuen BW, Smiddy WE, Bowman CB. Primary intraocular lens implantation in the setting of penetrating ocular trauma.Ophthalmology 1995; 102:101-107
- Bowman CB, Guber D, Brown CH, Curtin VT. Cutaneous malignant melanoma with diffuse intraocular metastases.Arch Ophthalmol. 1994; 112:1213-1216.
- Bowman CB, Thompson KP, Stulting RD. Refractive keratotomy and keratoconus suspects. J. Refractive Surgery 1995; 11: 202-206.
- Smiddy WE, Flynn HW, Bowman CB, Hutton WL, Stark WJ. Managing retained lens fragments and dislocated posterior chamber IOLs after cataract surgery. In Focal Points: Clinical Modules for Ophthalmologists. Vol XIV, number 7, Sept 1996.
- Bowman CB, Beebe WE, Gelender H. Photorefractive keratectomy for myopia:Current Status.In Ophthalmology Clinics of North America, 1997. W.B. Saunders.
- The Herpetic Eye Disease Study Group. A controlled trial of oral acyclovir for the prevention of stromal keratitis or iritis in patients with Herpes Simplex virus epithelial keratitis. Archives of Ophthalmol. 1997;115:703-712.
- The Herpetic Eye Disease Study Group. Acyclovir for the prevention of recurrent herpes simplex virus eye disease. New England J Med. 1998;339:300-306.
- The Loteprednol Etabonate Post-operative Inflammation Study Group 2. A double-masked placebo-controlled evalutaion of 0.5% loteprednol etabonate in the treatment of post-operative inflammation. Ophthalmology. 1998
- Oral Acyclovir for Herpes Simplex Virus Eye Disease. Effect on Prevention of Epithelial Keratitis and Stromal Keratitis. The Herpetic Eye Disease Study Group. Archives of Ophthalmology. 2000. 118: 1030-1034.
- Gelender H., Bowman CB. Mycobacterium Keratitis after Laser in-situ Keratomileusis. Journal of Refractive Surgery. 2000; 16:191-195.
A talented, personable, and board certified surgeon, Dr. Bradley Bowman has been helping his patients improve the quality of their vision and maintain optimal eye health for more than a decade. He specializes in a full range of ophthalmologic procedures, including laser vision correction, surgery of the cornea, and cataract surgery, and is committed to providing outstanding care to everyone he treats.
A graduate of Baylor University in Waco, Texas and the University of Oklahoma College of Medicine, Dr. Bowman has received outstanding training in his field. He completed his residency in Ophthalmology at the prestigious Bascom Palmer Eye Institute in Miami, Florida, recently ranked as the Best Eye Hospital in the United States by U.S. News and World Report, and was then awarded a fellowship in corneal and refractive surgery at Emory Eye Center in Atlanta, Georgia.
Deeply involved in the ophthalmologic community, Dr. Bowman serves as clinical assistant professor of Ophthalmology at the University Southwestern Medical School in Dallas. He has published many articles and lectured extensively on various cornea and refractive surgery subjects. He was recently honored by his peers by being included in "Best Doctors in America" and was also selected as an examiner for the American Board of Ophthalmology. In addition, he is a member of a number of reputable professional organizations, including the American Academy of Ophthalmology, American Medical Association, Dallas Academy of Ophthalmology, Texas Ophthalmological Association, Dallas County Medical Society, Tarrant County Ophthalmological Society, Texas Medical Association, International Society of Refractive Surgery, Ocular Microbiology and Immunology Group, Society of Heed Fellows, and the Christian Ophthalmology Society.
When not treating patients, Dr. Bowman enjoys spending time with his wife and three children and is an active member of his local church. He is an avid freshwater and saltwater fly-fisherman.
3455 Locke Avenue
Fort Worth, Texas 76107
Cornea Specialist, Ophthalmology/LASIK
Ophthalmic Partners/Cornea Associates of Texas, P.A.
- Clinical Assistant Professor
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical School
- Department of Ophthalmology
Listed in “Best Doctors in America”, 1996-2007 editions,published by Woodard and White
Selected by “D” Magazine and and Fort Worth, Texas Magazine as one of the five best LASIK surgeons in Dallas.